Open floor or yoga mat
- Lie down flat on your back and contract the abs, pushing the low back into the floor. The arms and legs should be held straight out from the body with hands and toes pointed.
- Slowly raise shoulders and legs from the ground. The arms and head should be raised along with the shoulders. The lower back must remain in contact with the floor.
- The goal is to find the lowest position that you can hold the arms and legs, without them touching the floor and without breaking lower back contact (the point at which the lower back begins to arch from the ground).
- Allowing your low back to round, losing contact with the floor
Progressions / Regressions:
If this is too challenging:
- Try starting with arms and legs tucked like a cannonball, extend one limb out at a time maintaining your core position.
If you want more of a challenge:
- Hold for a longer period
- Attempt hollow rocking- hold the hollow position while rocking on your lower back