- Open Floor
- Chair (optional)
- Either sitting or standing, align your lower leg so your shin is vertical and your knee is directly above your ankle.
- Begin by pulling your big toe up in the air while the rest of your toes stay flat on the ground
- Lower your big toe back to the floor
- Pull your other toes up in the air while leaving your big toe flat
- Repeat as prescribed and go slow
- Don’t give up. This is a VERY tricky movement for many people. It is common for coordination to be jerky or uncomfortable but the only way to improve is to practice.
- Try not to grip the floor or curl the toes that remain on the floor. Focus on relaxing the toes that you aren’t trying to move.
Progressions / Regressions:
If this is too challenging:
If you want more of a challenge: