World’s Greatest Rock Back
Open floor or yoga mat.
- Starting in the top of a push-up bring one knee towards your chest and place the foot next to your hand
- Drop the back knee to the floor and sink your hips forward and down
- Rock your front knee side to side while keeping your foot flat. You can place your hand on top of your foot to aide its stability
- Stay on this position for a 5+ count then begin the rock back
- Press through the front foot and rock back, sitting on your back heel
- Leave the front foot where it is as your knee begins to straighten, you can use your hands for balance
- Stop when you feel a strong hamstring stretch and hold for a 5+ count. Alternately you can grab your front toes to increase the stretch
Moving too fast. Make sure you are moving slow and breathing throughout the entire movement.
Progressions / Regressions:
If this is too challenging:
- Use an implement like a chair or bench to keep your balance
If you want more of a challenge: